ChristianAnswers.Net WebBible Encyclopedia
the name given by the Greeks or Romans, probably in reproach, to the followers of Jesus
It was first used at Antioch. The names by which the disciples were known among themselves were “brethren,” “the faithful,” “elect,” “saints,” “believers.” But as distinguishing them from the multitude without, the name “Christian” came into use, and was universally accepted.
This name occurs but three times in the New Testament (Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16).
- Will all mankind eventually be saved? Answer
- What advice do you have for new and growing Christians? Answer
- Are you going to Heaven? Are you SURE you know the answer this extremely important question? Or have you made some common wrong assumptions? Find out now!…
- Are you good enough to get to Heaven? Answer
- How good is good enough? Answer
- Discover God’s promise for all people—told beautifully and clearly from the beginning. Discover The HOPE! Watch it on-line, full-length motion picture.
- Do you understand God’s Story? Take a multimedia journey through the Bible, from Creation to eternity. Hear and read an exciting summary of the Bible’s most important records, in chronological order.
- Discover the good news that Jesus Christ offers
- Why is the world the way it is? If God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and loving, would He really create a world like this? (filled with oppression, suffering, death and cruelty) Answer
- Christian baptism