also known as: Magadan, Dalmanutha, מגדל,
Meaning: a tower, elegant, or great
The ruins of the town of Magadala as they appeared in 1894.
a town in Galilee, mentioned only in Matthew 15:39 and Mark 8:10—where by boat Jesus with His disciples came to the region of Magdala/Magadan/Dalmanutha
The city of Migdalel or Migdal-el (Joshua 19:38) is possibly the same place as Magdala.
It was the town of Mary called the Magdalen, or Mary Magdalene. It was on the west shore of the Lake of Tiberias (the Sea of Galilee), and is now probably the village called Mejdel or el-Mejdel, about 3 miles northwest of the city of Tiberias.
In the Talmud, this city is called “the city of color,” and a particular district of it was called “the tower of dyers.” The indigo plant was much cultivated here.