Moses was afraid to look at God that day.
But in the year's that followed, as he grew to love and understand God more, it seems that Moses wished many times that he had taken just a little peek that day.
God had been right there, in front of him, and he missed the chance of a lifetime!
“Oh, if only I could have a second chance, I would want to see God”, he seems to have thought.
Moses saw many amazing miracles from God in the years that followed. These are some of them.
- A great pillar of smoke and a pillar of fire led the God’s people through the wilderness
- Red sea crossing—the sea opened up for the Israelites to cross on dry ground, but when the Egyptian army followed to capture them, they sea closed, and they drowned
- All the water of the Egyptians turned to blood, because the their disobeyed God
- Water gushed out of a dry rock—enough for all the Israelites and their animals to drink
- Food called manna rained from heaven to feed God’s people
All of these only made Moses want to see God more.
also see: Miracles of the Bible