ChristianAnswers.Net WebBible Encyclopedia
justice of God
that perfection of his nature whereby He is infinitely righteous in Himself and in all He does, the righteousness of the divine nature exercised in His moral government
At first, God imposes righteous laws on His creatures and executes them righteously. Justice is not an optional product of His will, but an unchangeable principle of His very nature.
His legislative justice is His requiring of His rational creatures conformity in all respects to the moral law.
His rectoral or distributive justice is His dealing with his accountable creatures according to the requirements of the law in rewarding or punishing them (Ps. 89:14).
In remunerative justice, He distributes rewards (James 1:12; 2 Tim. 4:8).
In vindictive or punitive justice, he inflicts punishment on account of transgression (2 Thess. 1:6).
He cannot, as being infinitely righteous, do otherwise than regard and hate sin as intrinsically hateful and deserving of punishment. “He cannot deny himself” (2 Tim. 2:13). His essential and eternal righteousness immutably determines him to visit every sin as such with merited punishment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- PAIN AND SUFFERING—Why does God allow innocent people to suffer? Answer
- How good is good enough? Answer
- What is “the unpardonable sin”? How does sin become “unforgivable”? Answer
- Is God biased? Is it fair to save only some? What about those who have never heard the gospel? Answer
- Will all mankind eventually be saved? Answer
- Does Christianity need to develop a NEW gospel adapted to today's world? Answer
- How can I be sure of my salvation? Answer
- Aren't all religions basically the same and different ways to the same end? Why do Christians insist that one must believe in Christ alone to be saved? Answer
- What does God say? Answer
- How do I know what is right from wrong? Answer
- What advice do you have for new and growing Christians? Answer
- Eternal life—What does the Bible say about it? Answer
- Hell—Is there an actual place called “Hell”? Answer
- How can a God of love send anybody to Hell? Answer
- Why does God allow innocent people to suffer? Answer
- What about the issue of suffering? Doesn't this prove that there is no God and that we are on our own? Answer
- Does God feel our pain? Answer
- THE ORIGIN OF BAD—How did bad things come about? Answer
RELEVANT SITE SECTIONS:
- Discover the good news that Jesus Christ offers
- Why is the world the way it is? If God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and loving, would He really create a world like this? (filled with oppression, suffering, death and cruelty) Answer
- The Bible is the world’s best selling book of all time. But for most, it remains a mystery. Now, discover for yourself the overwhelming message of HOPE that God brings to man—presented chronologically from the foundation of the world to our own time. Watch it on-line, full-length motion picture.
- Do you understand God’s Story? Take a multimedia journey through the Bible, from Creation to eternity. Hear and read an exciting summary of the Bible’s most important records, in chronological order.
- Stumped about how to share your faith in Christ with others? Our EffectiveEvangelism.com site assists Christians in effectively reaching out to others with love and truth. Learn about the worldview of the people you meet, ways to share the gospel, read stories submitted by site users, and more.