ChristianAnswers.Net WebBible Encyclopedia
compassion for the miserable
Its object is misery. By the atoning sacrifice of Christ a way is open for the exercise of mercy towards the sons of men, in harmony with the demands of truth and righteousness (Gen. 19:19; Ex. 20:6; 34:6-7; Ps. 85:10; 86:15-16).
In Christ, mercy and truth meet together.
Mercy is also a Christian grace (Matt. 5:7; 18:33-35).
- Is there an actual place called “Hell”? Answer
- Why was Hell made? Answer
- Is there anyone in Hell today? Answer
- Will there literally be a burning fire in Hell? Answer
- What should you be willing to do to stay out of Hell? Answer
- How can a God of love send anybody to Hell? Answer
- What if I don’t believe in Hell? Answer
- THE GOOD NEWS—How to be saved from Hell. Answer