Adults & teens
About the author
updated & expanded
Why the Current Rumblings in the Middle East Will Change Your Future
In his first groundbreaking nonfiction book, now with updated content, New York Times best-selling author Joel C. Rosenberg takes readers on an unforgettable journey through prophecy and current events into the future of Iraq after Saddam, Russia after Communism, Israel after Arafat, and Christianity after radical Islam. You won't want to miss Joel's exclusive interviews with Israeli, Palestinian, and Russian leaders, along with previously classified CIA and White House documents. New content includes the most up-to-date information since the hardcover release in 2006, a new poll about American attitudes toward the Middle East and prophecy, and transcripts of interviews conducted during the interview process for the Epicenter DVD-video.
Similar to the approach Joel takes in his novels, his desire is to draw readers into stories, anecdotes, and predictions in a way that builds confidence that allows Joel to share his faith in Jesus Christ and the reliability of Scripture as a guide to understanding the past and the future.
Drawing on his experience in Washington, his own exclusive interviews with world leaders, and his astute political acumen, Joel makes sense of the events surrounding the Middle East. He connects information in a way that will make you understand and really care about the world's most important events and how they impact your life—from gas prices to your bank account.
As a communications advisor, Joel has worked with a number of U.S. and Israeli leaders, including Steve Forbes, Rush Limbaugh, Natan Sharansky, and Benjamin Netanyahu. As an author, he has been interviewed on hundreds of radio and TV programs, including ABC's Nightline, CNN Headline News, FOX News Channel, The History Channel, MSNBC, The Rush Limbaugh Show, The Sean Hannity Show, and The Glenn Beck Show. He has been profiled by the New York Times, the Washington Times, the Jerusalem Post, and World magazine. He has addressed audiences all over the world, including those in Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Russia, and the Philippines. He has also spoken at the White House, the Pentagon, and to members of Congress.
In 2008, Joel designed and hosted the first Epicenter Conference in Jerusalem. The event drew two thousand Christians who wanted to “learn, pray, give, and go” to the Lord's work in Israel and the Middle East. Subsequent Epicenter Conferences have been held in San Diego (2009); Manila, Philippines (2010); Philadelphia (2010); Jerusalem (2011); and Albuquerque, New Mexico (2012). The live webcast of the Philadelphia conference drew some thirty-four thousand people from more than ninety countries to listen to speakers such as Israeli Vice Prime Minister Moshe Ya'alon; pastors from the U.S., Israel, and Iran; Lt. General (ret.) Jerry Boykin; Kay Arthur; Janet Parshall; Tony Perkins; and Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of one of the founders of Hamas who has renounced Islam and terrorism and become a follower of Jesus Christ and a friend of both Israelis and Palestinians. The son of a Jewish father and a Gentile mother, Joel is an evangelical Christian with a passion to make disciples of all nations and teach Bible prophecy. A graduate of Syracuse University with a BFA in filmmaking, he is married, has four sons, and lives near Washington, D.C.
Epicenter is about:
- Change—big changes, dramatic changes, changes that will transform the world as we know it
- Answers—what the changes are underway in the world's most important countries
- Insight—readers will understand the trajectory of world events by being taken inside the governments of Iran, Iraq, Russia, China, and more
- Accessibility—aimed for a wide audience in both the general and Christian markets
- Faith—Joel shares his faith in Jesus Christ and the reliability of Scripture
Epicenter will answer questions like:
- Will Iraq go from bad to worse?
- Will Israel and her Arab neighbors find peace, or is another major Middle East war just around the corner?
- If the new, post-Soviet Russia is our friend, why is the Kremlin creating a new class of thermonuclear weapons and building an alliance with radical Islam?
THE EYES OF THE WORLD ARE ON THE EPICENTER
- Iran’s president vows to wipe Israel “off the map” and says the end of the world is just two or three years away.
- A leading U.S. presidential candidate says that if Iran goes nuclear, “we could have Armageddon.”
- Russia signs a billion-dollar arms deal with Iran and helps Iran build nuclear facilities.
- The president of the United States refuses to rule out preemptive nuclear strikes to stop Iran.
What does the future hold? How will it affect your world?
The politics of the Middle East can be murky and confusing. But one thing is increasingly certain: the eyes of the nations are riveted upon Israel and her neighbors, the epicenter of the momentous events shaking our world and shaping our future.
And now a new crisis is brewing…
From the author who predicted a kamikaze attack on the U.S.
a war with Saddam
the death of Yasser Arafat
and Iran’s nuclear threat against Israel
come 10 new predictions
that will change your world
Epicenter gives you the headlines before they happen.
Epicenter explains what is happening in the Middle East and how it will impact you.
Epicenter provides inside information found nowhere else, including:
- Exclusive interviews with top political, military, intelligence, business, and religious leaders in Israel, Iran, Iraq and Russia
- Previously classified documents from the CIA, Pentagon, and White House
- An exclusive poll of American attitudes towards biblical prophecy, Israel, and current events