also known as: Hazar-maveth
Meaning: court of death
He is the 3rd son of Joktan.
Hazarmaveth, a region in Arabia-Felix
This region was settled by the above son of Joktan and named for (Genesis 10:26; 1 Chronicles 1:20).
Today, this is probably the modern province of Hadramaut, situated on the Indian Ocean east of the modern Yemen.
- Other biblical names that begin with HAZAR…
- Hazar-addar, a place in the desert
- Hazar-enan, a place on the northeast frontier of Israel
- Hazar-gaddah, a city on the south border of Judah
- Hazar-hatticon, a place near Hamath
- Hazar-shual, a city on Judah's southern border
- Hazar-susah, a city of King Solomon