65 minutes each
Jr. High to Adult
Unlocking the Mystery of Life
THE SCIENTIFIC CASE FOR INTELLIGENT DESIGN
a convincing and accurate documentary that you will be proud to share with even your most scientifically critical-minded, secular friends
The Illustrated Origins Answers Book
The World That Perished
The Great Dinosaur Mystery and the Bible
Creator’s World - our list of the best books and videos Creation-Evolution.
In 1859, Charles Darwin published, On the Origin of Species. In it, he argued that all of life on earth was the product of undirected natural processes. Time, chance, and natural selection.
Since Darwin, biologists have relied on such processes to account for the origin of living things. Yet today, this approach is being challenged as never before.
“Unlocking the Mystery of Life” is the story of top-notch, contemporary scientists who are advancing a powerful idea — “the theory of intelligent design.”
Using state-of-the-art computer animation, “Unlocking the Mystery of Life” transports you into the interior of the living cell to explore systems and machines that bear the unmistakable hallmarks of design. Discover the intricacy of a microscopic bacterial rotary motor, which spins at 100,000 rpm.
Within the nucleus explore the wonder of DNA, a thread-like molecule that stores instructions to build the essential components of every living organism. It is part of a biological information processing system more complex and more powerful than any computer network.
This compelling documentary examines an idea with the power to revolutionize our understanding of life… and to unlock the mystery of its origin.
Here’s what people are saying about “Unlocking the Mystery of Life”…
“The science is solid and the computer animations are superb. Unlocking is a great film.”
—Philip S. Skell, Ph.D., Member, National Academy of Sciences, Professor of Chemistry, Emeritus, Pennsylvania State University
“Outstanding computer animations. Some of the best I've ever seen. I am a cell biologist and I want to congratulate you.”
—Marvin J. Fritzler, Ph.D., M.D., Professor of Molecular Biology, University of Calgary
“Its as good as anything I've seen on NOVA. The program is a delightful presentation that will be of interest to scientists and laymen alike.”
—Edward T. Peltzer III, Ph.D., Ocean Chemist
“Extremely thought provoking (and a lot of fun to watch). Unlocking the Mystery of Life highlights the big questions about the origin of life here on earth.”
—Guillermo Gonzalez, Ph.D., Astrobiologist, Assistant Professor of Astronomy, Iowa State University
“This video does an excellent job of presenting some of the hot issues in modern biophysics. In recent years we have begun to really understand how the machinery of the cell works and no physicist who has studied this field can avoid a sense of amazement at the delicately balanced designs.”
—David Snoke, Ph.D., Co-Director Nanotechnology Center, University of Pittsburg
“It is tremendous! I really enjoyed it.”
—Bijan Nemati, Ph.D., Senior Engineer, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NASA
“Unlocking the Mystery of Life is a fascinating documentary. Visually stunning. Everything about it was just top notch.”
—Art Battson, Executive Producer, University of California TV, Director of Instructional Resources, University of California, Santa Barbara
“Excellent - Brilliant Irrefutable Evidence …It is an extraordinary production, highly recommended by MOVIEGUIDE.”
Highly recommended by Charles Colson of Breakpoint
Experts appearing in “Unlocking the Mystery of Life”…
- Dr. Paul A. Nelson, Philosopher of Biology, Author of On Common Descent
- Phillip E. Johnson, Prof. of Law, Univ. of California, Berkeley, Author of Darwin on Trial
- Dr. Dean H. Kenyon, Prof. of Biology (emeritus), San Francisco State Univ., Author of Biochemical Predestination and Of Pandas and People
- Dr. Michael J. Behe, Biochemist, Lehigh University, Author of Darwin’s Black Box
- Dr. Stephen C. Meyer, Philosopher of Science, Discovery Institute, Author of Science and Evidence of Design in the Universe
- Dr. Jonathan Wells, Biologist, Author of Icons of Evolution
- Dr. Jed Macosko, Molecular Biologist, Univ. of California, Berkeley
- Dr. Scott Minnich, Molecular Biologist, Univ. of Idaho
- Dr. William A. Dembski, Mathematician, Baylor Univ., Author of The Design Inference
DVD Special Features…
- Chapter selection
- Documentary video: What Darwin Saw (a close-up look at the remarkable wildlife Charles Darwin encountered on the Galapagos Islands)
- Video: Darwin and Design: Questions and Answers (scientists and scholars answer frequently asked questions about Darwinism and intelligent design)
- Recommended Resources (list of recommended books and videos on intelligent design theory and critiques of Darwinism)
- Scientists & Scholars (text profiles of scientists and scholars interviewed in “Unlocking the Mystery of Life”)
- Internet Resources List (Web sites offering more information on intelligent design theory and critiques of Darwinism)