Blindness was sometimes a punishment for disobedience (1 Samuel 11:2; Jeremiah 39:7), sometimes the effect of old age (Genesis 27:1; 1 Kings 14:4; 1 Samuel 4:15). Conquerors sometimes blinded their captives (2 Kings 25:7; 1 Samuel 11:2).
- Pool of siloam
- Why does God allow innocent people to suffer? Answer
- What about the issue of suffering? Doesn’t this prove that there is no God and that we are on our own? Answer
- Does God feel our pain? Answer
- THE ORIGIN OF BAD—How did bad things come about? Answer
- What kind of world would you create? Answer