Meaning: loving God
This is the name of 3 Biblical men.
Jerahmeel, the firstborn son of Hezron, the brother of Caleb (1 Chr. 2:9, 25-26, etc.)
- Father: Hezron
- Brothers: Ram and Chelubai
- Sisters: not named or numbered in the Bible
- Sons: Ram the firstborn, then Bunah, Oren, Ozem, Ahijah and Onam
- Wives: Atarah and at least one other
- Daughters: not named or numbered in the Bible
Jerahmeel, the son of Kish, a Levite (1 Chr. 24:29)
Prince Jerahmeel (Jer. 36:26), the son of King Jehoiakim at the time of Jeremiah. The king wrongly ordered him and two others to arrest Jeremiah and Baruch the scribe.
Also see: hammelech
Article Version: July 1, 2018