What should you be willing to do to stay out of Hell?
When you put together all the things the Lord Jesus said, the picture of Hell is pretty horrible. He talked about a day coming when there would be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth--language like that from the Lord Jesus. Think of language in which He said, “cast him into outer darkness.” Symbolic language? Okay, if you want to put it that way, but the reality has got to be worse than the symbol. It just doesn't sound very nice, and it doesn't sound very pleasant.
Jesus taught about Hell, and He said it is so bad that if keeping your two hands or your two feet or your two eyes meant Hell, whereas if you were to cut one off it would get you into Heaven, by all means, cut it off--that's how bad it is. (Mark 9:43-48)
Obviously, that is not to be taken literally, because if a man were to cut off his hand or take out one eye, he would still be as much of a sinner as ever, because sin is in the nature and in the heart of man. What the Lord is saying here is that you should be willing to give up anything, to forgo anything, to make any sacrifice, to give up any pleasure to get into Heaven. You should let nothing come between you and being in the Presence of the Lord.
- The Good News - How to be saved from Hell. Answer
- What if I don't believe in Hell? Answer
- Is there an actual place called “Hell”? Answer
- Why was Hell made? Answer
- Is there anyone in Hell today? Answer
- Will there literally be a burning fire in Hell? Answer
- How can a God of love send anybody to Hell? Answer
- Why does God allow innocent people to suffer? Answer
- How do you know the Bible is true? Answer
- Can a saved person ever be lost? Answer
- What is the eternal destiny of an infant who dies? Answer
Author: Dr. Bruce W. Dunn of Grace Communications.
Copyright © 1999, Grace Communications, All Rights Reserved. Printed copies of the booklet Hell: Fact or Fiction are available from the copyright owner.