Virgins of the Bible
The word “virgin” appears 33 times in the King James Version and 41 times in the New International Version. The Hebrew words thus translated are bethuwlah and almah. The Greek word is parthenos.
A virgin is a female who has not had sexual intercourse.
Jesus Christ was not produced in Mary's womb as a result of sexual intercourse with a man (Mormonism claims that Mary had sex with Adam). Nor did Mary physically have sex with God (as Islam claims of Christianity). Jesus Christ's conception was a special and unique miracle of God.
Parable of the 10 Virgins
also known as: Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins or Parable of the 10 Bridesmaids
- Isn't the virgin birth of Jesus Christ mythological and scientifically impossible? Answer
- Learn more about Mary, mother of Jesus
- Miracles of the Bible
- Should I save sex for marriage? Answer
- How far is too far? What are the guidelines for dating relationships? Answer
- My boyfriend wants to have sex. I don’t want to lose him. What should I do? Answer
- How can I deal with temptations? Answer
- What are the consequences of sexual immorality? Answer
- Learn how to make your love the best it can be. Christian answers to questions about sex, marriage, sexual addictions, and more. Valuable resources for Christian couples, singles and pastors.
- Fountain of the Virgin