Why God Intends Sex for Marriage
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 8 years. We were high school sweethearts. We’ve experienced some of the most incredible times together. She was my world, and I loved her so much, although I had trouble expressing it.
We were physically intimate for many of these years, and our values were being compromised. She was pushing for a ring, and I wanted to give her one, but I felt in my heart it wasn’t right yet till everything was right between ourselves, our families and with God.
She recently left me for another whom she claims she loves more within one week of meeting him than she has ever loved me. I have never been so devastated and heart broken in my entire life. I feel she has deceived me all these years.
I now know why God saves sex for marriage. Tearing 2 people apart after intimacy is excruciating.
I love her so much and would have her back in a heartbeat. I now feel nothing but regret and remorse for not having asked her to marry me earlier instead of waiting to get right with everyone.
- Purity—Should I save sex for marriage?
- Sexual lust outside of marriage—Why does God strongly warn us about it?
- CONSEQUENCES—What are the consequences of sexual immorality?
- Is there a way to overcome excessive lust for sex?
- What is sexual immorality?
- What are goodness and righteousness?
- What is HOLINESS and why are we to pursue it? Answer
- TEMPTATIONS—How can I deal with temptations?
- How far is too far? What are the guidelines for dating relationships?
- Adultery in the Bible
- Marriage Obsolete?—Is formalized marriage becoming obsolete?
Many people seem convinced that traditional marriages don’t work and that this practice should be abandoned. What does the Bible say about marriage?