a Persian word: pardes, properly meaning a “pleasure-ground” or “park” or “king's garden”
It came, in course of time, to be used as a name for the world of happiness and rest hereafter (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4; Rev. 2:7).
For “garden” in Genesis 2:8 the Septuagint has “paradise.”
- Why is the world the way it is? If God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and loving, would He really create a world like this? (filled with oppression, suffering, death and cruelty) Answer
- Discover the good news that Jesus Christ offers
- Discover God’s promise for all people—told beautifully and clearly from the beginning. Discover The HOPE! Watch it on Christian Answers—full-length motion picture.
- Do you understand God’s Story? Take a multimedia journey through the Bible, from Creation to eternity. Hear and read an exciting summary of the Bible’s most important records, in chronological order.
- Are you going to Heaven? Are you SURE you know the answer this extremely important question? Or have you made some common wrong assumptions? Find out now!…