What is the…
confusion of languages at Babel
also known as: confusion of tongues
This major historical event sent by God was the ultimate cause of the early geographic separation of mankind, their dispersal throughout the Earth, and their division into nations. Today, we still live with the results.
After the Flood, as the human population quickly grew, some descendants of Noah built a great city and great tower to prevent their dispersion, but God “confounded their language” (Genesis 11:1-8), and they were scattered over the whole Earth.
Up until this time “the whole Earth was of one language and of one speech.”
Origin of so-called “human races,” beginning at Babel
- ORIGIN OF ETHNIC PEOPLE GROUPS—Where did they all come from? Answer
- How did different skin colors come about? Answer
- Racism, Ethnicity Issues and Christianity: Answers to Frequently-Asked-Questions
- What is the Tower of Babel?
- Is there any reference to the confusion of languages at Babel in early Mesopotamian literature? Answer
- Is there archaeological evidence of the Tower of Babel? Answer
- What is Babylon?
- What are the CITIES of the Bible? Names, descriptions, locations and types
- Who is Nimrod?
- Who is Peleg?
- Read a summary of the story of the Tower of Babel (God's Story)
- Read the Biblical record
- What is Chaldea?
- What is the land of Shinar?
- Wordsearch: Printable / On-line version
- Miracles of the Bible