from the Latin sortiarius, one who casts lots, or one who tells the lot of others
In Dan. 2:2 it is the rendering of the Hebrew mekhashphim, i.e., mutterers, men who professed to have power with evil spirits. The practice of sorcery exposed to severest punishment (Mal. 3:5; Rev. 21:8; 22:15).
- Familiar spirit
- What is the Occult? Answer
- What does the Bible say about the occult? Answer
- Is Satan a real person that influences our world today? Is he affecting you? Answer
- DEMON POSSESSSION AND INFLUENCE—Can Christians be demon possessed? In what ways can Satan and his demons influence believers? Answer
- Should Christians participate in Halloween? Answer