sorcery and sorcerers
Hebrew: כָּשַׁף —transliteration: kashaph —meaning: to practice sorcery
Greek: φάρμακος —transliteration: pharmakos —meaning: a poisoner, sorcerer, magician
There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, a soothsayer, one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, —Deuteronomy 18:10 NASB
In Daniel 2:2, “sorcerers” is the translation of the Hebrew mekhashphim (וְלַֽמְכַשְּׁפִים֙), i.e., mutterers, men who professed to have power with evil spirits.
The unrepentant practice of sorcery brings severe punishment from God.
- What is a familiar spirit?
- What is the Occult? Answer
- What does the Bible say about the occult? Answer
- Is Satan a real person that influences our world today? Is he affecting you? Answer
- DEMON POSSESSSION AND INFLUENCE—Can Christians be demon possessed? In what ways can Satan and his demons influence believers? Answer
- Should Christians participate in Halloween? Answer