Confrontation by Obed
Admonished by Hanani
He was zealous in maintaining the true worship of God, and in rooting all idolatry, with its accompanying immoralities, out of the land (1 Kings 15:8-14). The Lord gave him and his land rest and prosperity.
Turn toward paganism
It is recorded of him, however, that in his old age, when afflicted with a severe disease, he “sought not to the Lord, but to the [pagan so-called] physicians” (2 Chronicles 16:12) (compare Jeremiah 17:5).
Asa was buried in Jerusalem with his ancestors (2 Chronicles 16:13-14).
Mentioned by Josephus
Asa is also mentioned by the historian Josephus who records that Asa’s mother was Michaiah (1737, p. 231, VII.11.3).
- Father: King Abijah (Abijam)
- Mother: Michaiah
- Grandfather: King Rehoboam
- Lineage from King David: David → Solomon → Rehoboam → Abijah (Abijam) → Asa
- Son by Azubah: Jehoshaphat
- What is the KINGDOM OF JUDAH? Answer
- Who is JEHOSHAPHAT? Answer
- Kings of the Kingdom of Israel who were contemporary with Asa: Jeroboam I, Nadab, Baasha, Elah, Zimri, Omri, Ahab
- Who are the Davidic kings?
- About the KINGS in the Bible
- What is WORSHIP of God? Answer
- About idolatry and false goods in the Bible