What and who is…
also known as: Zebulon, Zabulon
Meaning: “dwelling”—from the Hebrew זָבַל (zabal) which probably meant “to dwell”
Little is known of Zebulun’s personal history. He had 3 sons (see relatives, below) (46:14).
Tribe of Zebulon
The tribe was made up of various clans (family groups). After the conquest of Canaan by the Israelites, the borders of the territory alloted to the descendants of Zebulon are detailed by Joshua in Joshua 19:15…
Territory of Zebulun
“Now the 3rd lot came up for the sons of Zebulun according to their families.
The border circled around it on the north to Hannathon, and it ended at the valley of Iphtahel.
This was the inheritance of the sons of Zebulun according to their families, these cities with their villages.” —Joshua 19:10-16 NASB
- Father: Jacob (Israel)—father of the Israelites
- Mother: Leah—sister of Rachel—both daughters of Laban
- 11 Brothers:
- Sons: Sered, Elon, Jahleel
- Grandfathers: Isaac and Laban
- Paternal Great-Grandparents: Abraham and Rebekah