Nativity of Christ
The birth of our Lord took place at the time and place predicted by the prophets (Genesis 49:10; Isaiah 7:14; Jeremiah 31:15; Micah 5:2; Hag. 2:6-9; Dan. 9:24,25). Joseph and Mary were providentially led to go up to Bethlehem at this period, and there Christ was born (Matthew 2:1, 6; Luke 2:1, 7).
The exact year or month or day of his birth cannot, however, now be exactly ascertained. We know, however, that it took place in the “fulness of the time” (Galatians 4:4), i.e., at the fittest time in the world's history.
- Christmas, the true meaning (includes many questions and answers about the events surround the birth of Christ)
- Summary of the events at Christ’s birth (in our “God’s Story” section)
- Myths about Christ’s birth
About the biblical people
- Mary, the mother of Jesus
- Isn't the virgin birth of Jesus Christ mythological and scientifically impossible? Answer
- Is Jesus Christ a man, or is he God? Answer
- Mary's other children
- Incarnation of God
- Questions-and-Answers about Jesus Christ
- How do we know that Jesus was the Messiah? Answer
- List of Messianic prophecies fulfilled by Jesus Christ
About the biblical places